1. RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER
- Research on microbiology: biodiversity study of soil microorganisms; Produce bio-fertilizers to improve soil and increase yield of crops in the Mekong Delta; Isolate and produce stater cultures for improving traditional products of Mekong Delta on quality and food safety.
- Study on biodiversity of plants, animals in the Mekong Delta region so that we can evaluate and preserve biological resources of the region for commercial logo protection in domestic and international market.
- Applied molecular biology for detecting pathogen on citrus plant (e.g. greening disease), virus on animals (e.g. white spot disease on shrimp). Then, develop diagnostic kit to detect these diseases to replace imported ones.
- Study on biodiversity of pathogen caused-disease microorganisms for diagnosis the food borne pathogen and for food safety control.
- Transfer technology: starter cultures for making traditional products have been developed; Bio-fertilizers processing have been introduced to provinces in Mekong Delta; White spot disease in shrimp detection protocol has been trained to technicians in Mekong Delta.
- Obtaining 6.5 billions VND from a contract of scientific research-technology transfer, supporting for BiRDI’s budget about 220 millions VND.
- Producing 1,000 tons of vitamin and mineral premix (nutritional supplements for animals), it takes a part as materials for farmers to mix over 550 millions tons of animal feeds, resulting significantly in reduction of production cost.
- Searching for new product development in future and continue to produce nutritional suplements for animal feeds.